- Can I get a Cartell Car Check on a UK car?
- Can Cartell arrange an Engineers Inspection in the UK?
- What is in a Cartell UK Car Check?
- What should I do if a UK registration number is not found on Cartell?
- Do any Cartell Car Checks include a mileage check?
- What is the National Mileage Register?
- Where do you source your mileage records?
- Can I just get a mileage check?
- Why, when I purchased a Cartell Car Check, the previous mileage was not shown?
- Can I find out if a car still has finance owing?
- Does a Cartell Two Star Car Check include a finance check?
- Can I get a finance check on machinery/equipment?
- Can I find out how much finance is owed on a vehicle?
- I bought a Cartell Two Star Car Check and didn’t receive a finance. Why is this?
- What does it mean if a vehicle I am considering buying is on finance?
- Why is the vehicle not found in the One Star Cartell Car Check?
- How long does it take to get a Cartell Car Check?
- Where can I get Environmental and CO2 taxation information?
- Where can I find information on vehicle recalls?
- Where can I find details on safety ratings for cars?
- How can I pay for a Cartell Car Check?
- If I don’t have a credit card or debit card is there an alternative method of payment?
- What is a security number?
- Can I get a Cartell Car Check using the VIN/Chassis Number?
- Can I get a Cartell Car Check on motorbikes?
- How can I find out if a car is imported?
- How will I find out if a vehicle has been used as a Taxi or Hackney?
- How can I get a discount on a Cartell Car Check?
- How can I get a Cartell Car Check if I don’t have an email address?
- How can I get a report after 6pm?
- My car is a different colour to the colour on the Cartell Car Check, what should I do?
- The CO2 Emissions on my car are different to what you have what should I do?
- Do any Cartell Car Checks include current owner details i.e. name and address?
- What should I do if I have a query on the Cartell Car Check?
- Can we do inspections on Motorbikes?
- Can Cartell tell if a vehicle is Stolen?
- Why are most of the characters on the VIN/Chassis Number, VRC and NCT Certificate Number hashed out on the Cartell Car Check?
- How can I enter the VIN/Chassis Number, VRC (Vehicle Licensing Certificate Number) or NCT Certificate Number after I purchased my Cartell Car Check?
- I got a Cartell Car Check but I forgot to enter the VIN/Chassis Number, how can I verify the number?
- If the VIN/Chassis Number, VRC or NCT Certificate Number do not match what are the next steps?
- Why is the Number of Previous Owners 0 when the vehicle is second hand?
- Why, when first registered in Ireland do imported vehicles Number of Previous Owners register as 0?
- Where on a vehicle, can I find a VIN/Chassis Number?
- There are 5 owners on the car I am thinking of buying, does that include trade sales?
- Where can vehicles with suspected problems be reported?
Yes, simply enter the UK registration number into the number plate on www.cartell.ie
Cartell can not arrange Engineer’s Inspections in the UK.
A Cartell UK Car Check will check for Outstanding finance, Previous damage, Stolen vehicles, Plate transfer, NMR Mileage Check, Vehicle Identity, Security Watch. Like Cartell Car Checks generated on Irish vehicles you will also be able to verify the vehicles VIN/Chassis Number. For vehicles originating from or registered in the Isle of Man their history is not covered in a UK check.
Cartell is the only consumer car check that has authorisation to carry out a UK finance check. Cartell is also the only consumer car check that has authorisation to carry out a UK NMR Mileage Check. No other consumer car check can conduct a “full” UK check on your behalf.
Yes you can enter the current odometer reading and a Cartell Two Star or Three Star Cartell Car Check will search by the reading you entered to see if there are any discrepancies found against The National Mileage Register (NMR)
The NMR is the ‘National Mileage Register’. The NMR cross-references all mileages previously recorded against the vehicle (if any) along with any mileage you provide, and advises you whether a discrepancy has been identified. Cartell operates the National Mileage Register (NMR) for Ireland which contains over 12 million recorded mileages, and our partners HPI UK operate the National Mileage Register for the UK which contains over 155 million recorded mileages. There is only one official NMR in Ireland and the UK and only Cartell has access to both. Please log on to www.nmr.ie for further information.
To obtain more details on CO2 based VRT and Road Taxation please see our Environmental Information Sheet – Cartell Environmental Information (PDF | 107KB).
If you want to know the safety performance of your current or future car go to EURONCAP and get details for free at www.euroncap.com
Contact Cartell for other payment options.
A security number can be found on the back of your credit card. Usually the last three digits are required for verification.
To get a Cartell Car Check you need only the vehicle registration number.
Yes you can get a Cartell Car Check on motorbikes registered in Ireland, the UK or Northern Ireland.
Use a Cartell Two Star or Three Star Car Check. Any of these Cartell Car Checks will give you the previous registration. If the vehicle has been imported from the UK or Northern Ireland a Three Star Cartell Car Check will automatically supply the additional history to your Email Inbox.
That’s easy by getting a Cartell Two Star or Three Star Car Check.
Yes. A Finance Star or Three Star Car Check will show you if there is outstanding finance. If you want a finance only check without checking the vehicle’s history choose the Cartell Finance Check Only option on www.cartell.ie which will check for outstanding finance on Irish vehicles in Ireland.
A Cartell Two Star Car Check does not include a finance check. A Cartell Three Star Car Check includes a finance check.
Cartell does not hold any personal data associated with any vehicle.
Re-enter the vehicle registration number again perhaps an incorrect character was entered. Contact Cartell if it is still not found.
Instantaneously, the Cartell Car Check will be available to see within your web browser window. In addition a copy of the Cartell Car Check will be sent to the Inbox of the email address you supply. If the vehicle is imported from the UK/NI the UK/NI history will also be sent to your Email Inbox. However finance checks in the Three Star and Finance Star Cartell Car Checks are sent in an additional message shortly after. In a small number of cases we may need to follow up with information providers in respect of some information but this usually doesn’t take long.
Why are most of the characters on the VIN/Chassis Number, VRC and NCT Certificate Number hashed out on the Cartell Car Check?
The numbers are partially shown for security reasons as they are unique to the vehicle. The characters shown allow for a quick check against the vehicle and VRC. Enter the full numbers by going to ‘Complete my Car Check‘ for a full verification before you buy if you did not enter them when the Cartell Check was purchased. A Cartell Car Check can be updated up to 30 days after the date of purchase.
How can I enter the VIN/Chassis Number, VRC (Vehicle Licensing Certificate Number) or NCT Certificate Number after I purchased my Cartell Car Check?
Go to ‘Complete my Car Check‘ on www.cartell.ie. Enter the Vehicle Registration Number and Order Number, click Login. Enter the VIN/Chassis Number, VRC and NCT Certificate Number (if applicable) on the Number Verification page. Click Verify.
Once entered into the site it is possible to see what numbers were entered. To view them log back in to ‘Complete my Car Check‘. Check them against the vehicle and the vehicle documentation. If there are any typos you can modify them on the Data Verification page and simply click Verify again. If you are sure you have entered the numbers correctly from the vehicle and vehicle documentation act with extreme caution. If you cannot satisfy yourself that the vehicle documentation is genuine and valid reconsider the purchase of the vehicle.
A vehicles’ Number of Previous Owners will only increment when the vehicle is registered in the name of the new owner. Garages don’t usually count as registered owners so if a vehicle has had only 1 previous owner the number of previous owners will increase from 0 to 1 as soon as the vehicle is registered in the new owners’ name. A new VRC will be issued to the new owner with an increase in the Number of Previous Owners.
When a vehicle is imported into Ireland the vehicles physical attributes are recorded but its history is not imported. To obtain the recorded history of a UK imported vehicle prior to registration in Ireland get a Cartell Three Star Car Check the UK history will be sent to your Email Inbox.
Contact Cartell with your query.
We do not carry out inspections on Motorbikes, but you can call our office on 1890 252331 and we will provide details of a suitable engineer.
Cartell obtains mileages from many different sources including Government, Manufacturers, Trade, Dealers, Individuals and organisations that work within the motoring industry
A Cartell Car Check does not show NMR mileage records in order to help prevent clocking. The practice of showing mileage records on a car check where no discrepancy is found aids clocking. Cartell is not in the business of assisting clocking. Cartell and the NMR are here to help prevent this activity. For more information on the NMR (National Mileage Register) and how it works please see our NMR Help page http://www.cartell.ie/how-it-works/help/nmr-mileage-help/
A mileage check is part of a Cartell Car Check. When a Cartell Car Check is carried out the mileage entered is checked against the NMR for any discrepancies.
Contact Cartell with the Registration Number, Make, Model and VIN/Chassis Number and we will investigate this for you.
We can carry out finance checks on machinery/equipment. We will need the Serial/Chassis Number, Make, Model, Description and Year of Manufacture. Contact Cartell to carry out a finance check on machinary or equipment
The VIN/Chassis Number can be found on the dashboard of the vehicle or on the driver side door where the door latches when it is closed. The VIN/Chassis Number can also be found on the Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC) and should match the VIN/Chassis Number on the vehicle. For more information please see our help section on ‘Complete my Car Check’
No company in Ireland has access to An Garda Síochána stolen files and whilst Cartell are working hard with An Garda Síochána for the release of this data, we advise not to be mis-sold data which contains a stolen vehicle check. Contact Cartell for more information.
There is still money owing on it. We would advise you wait until the vehicle is cleared of finance before proceeding with the purchase.
Call our office and we will arrange for the Cartell Car Check to be posted to you.
You can purchase a Cartell Car Check anytime on www.cartell.ie. If you have any queries you can call our office during normal working hours 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
I got a Cartell Car Check but I forgot to enter the VIN/Chassis Number, how can I verify the number?
Contact Cartell with this query.
Check the CO2 Emissions on the VRC, they should match Cartell. If you believe this to be different contact the Manufacturer, once you have received verification contact your local Motor Tax Office who will inspect the vehicle and if appropriate remedy the record.
If the Cartell Car Check shows 5 owners then there are 5 registered owners on the vehicle. In the history section of your report, the dates of sales may be more as they include trade sales but the number of owners doesn’t increase with trade sales.
You can get a finance check in a Cartell Three Star or Finance Check. The Cartell Two Star Car Check does not include a finance check.
You can get a discount on Cartell Two Star and Three Star Car Checks. Vouchers can be found on our partner and advertising websites or on www.facebook.com/cartellcarcheck To redeem your voucher remember to enter the voucher code before paying for your Cartell Car Check. You can also use the code CWD052010 before you pay.
Due to Data Protection it is not possible to disclose the amount outstanding to anyone other than the registered owner. We can however, tell you if there is finance outstanding.